Housing assistance

Neoresid helps you with your procedures to benefit from housing assistance.

All our student residences are entitled to Personalized Housing Assistance (APL) or Social Housing Allowance (ALS). The amount depends on the precise study of each file by the Family Allowance Fund, the only competent authority in the matter. Depending on the residence in which you live, the CAF will pay either the APL or the ALS.

The amount of this aid may vary depending on your income, the amount of your rent, the number of roommates in the apartment, etc. and to receive this aid, it is imperative that:

  • The rental contract is in your name.
  • You are under 20 and your parents still receive family allowances for you, you will not be able to combine the two benefits, you will have to make a choice.

Good to know:

The first month of rental only entitles you to housing allowance in the following case: you previously received housing assistance and there was no interruption in the rental contract (ex: you leave a home on July 31, you take another on August 1).

Your parents can continue to take care of you for the calculation of their tax, this does not in any way prevent the granting of housing assistance.

The income taken into account for calculating the amount of the aid are those of the student and not those of the parents.

To simulate your housing assistance or for more information, go to the website of the Family Allowance Fund: